Lables

Monday 13 December 2010

Location and Props for Music Magazine

One idea I have for my magazine location is at an abandoned weather station located near Scratby in Norfolk. My magazine will focus on heavy metal and rock music so the theme I had in mind for my magazine is to have a grunge theme that continues throughout the pages of my magazine. I was thinking about having my shoot at an abandoned weather station for my feature article as the rough textures of the weather station will appeal to my readers. The location of the weather station is very isolated and the run down feel of the station will fit in perfectly for the theme of my magazine. My second idea is to photography my model at the riverside in Norwich; the area and bridge surrounding the river would provide an interesting backdrop for my photographs and this is an area that I feel would also fit in with the theme of my magazine.

My feature article will focus on a one-on-one interview with a lead vocalist of a band. I’m not planning on having many props for my shoot, as I feel that the run down and abandoned feel of the location chosen will help set the atmosphere for my interview. Using too many props in my images will make the photographs appear to be too cluttered and busy, this is something that I want to avoid as I would like my desired magazine to have a more casual feel to it, and photographs that appear too busy will ruin the dynamic of the magazine.

I plan on having my model wearing casual clothing such as jeans and a t-shirt. I want my magazine to have an underground and edgy feel to it, so I will have my model wearing dark coloured clothing to fit in with the consistent theme running throughout of my magazine. The image of heavy metal music is normally distinguished by the use of black t-shirts which normally have prints of logos of other visual representations of metal bands. Once my images have been taken I will then edit them accordingly on photoshop to give my photographs a more edgy feel to them. I will also make a few adjustments to my model to make him appear more of a “metal head” by adding things such as tattoos that are also associated with the heavy metal scene. I have also had the ideas of making my model appear part of the "post hardcore" genre to make my model appear to fit in with this scene I will have him wear dark coloured jeans and with a checkered shirt and wearing a hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment