Lables

Thursday 2 December 2010

College Magazine Front Cover


I wanted to try and keep the front cover as simple as possible so it is easy to see the information included on the front cover, I therefore wanted to keep the writing on the cover as minimal as possible so the cover doesn’t appear to be too cluttered or busy. I wanted to make the text stand out so I opted to use a stencil font which is easy to read and stands out from the background image. The background image I used for the college magazine cover is a simple image of a piece of paper. I wanted to use this as an image to make the magazine look different to other college magazines. I also liked the effect the paper image had on the magazine cover as it appeared to have the text printed onto it. I decided on only using two colours; black and white for the font as I felt it would make the magazine cover appear too busy. The contrast between the colours of the paper image and the font help make the font stand out from the page which again makes it easier to read, this is an important factor for magazines as the information needs to be clearly visible otherwise people will not want to read the magazine. The title of the magazine “ENSF” is the name of the college which seemed an appropriate title; I chose to have the font different to the rest of the magazine so it would stand out from the rest of the cover. I also felt that the font was modern which went with the whole appearance of the magazine cover. I used an image from my own photography for the main photograph to go on the front of the magazine, I felt it would go well with the competition segment shown on the cover, I did not realise the image had to be of a person. If I were to redo the project then I would spend more time on making both the front cover and the contents page more appealing. To make the magazine look nicer I would use a photograph of a student and would use a solid colour for the background rather than an image of paper. Overall I am satisfied with the outcome of my college magazine but given more time I would have been able to develop ideas and create a better college magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment